The Prairie Invitational Preview – Presented by Dr. J Douglas Cusick MD, FACS
The 2020 Prairie Invitational will be played July 27-29 at Shadow Glen Golf Club in Olathe, KS. “We are thankful to be able to host The Prairie Invitational at Shadow Glen. This could be the toughest Prairie venue yet, and I am excited to see how the players fare,” said Jacque Madison, Tournament Director. “As always, the field is very strong and a good mix of professionals, collegiate players, and mid-amateurs.”
78 of the top female golfers in the Midwest will complete the field.
- Bri Boden, an incoming sophomore at the University of Missouri
- Standout golfers representing Wichita State University: Kenni Henson, Megan Lucas, and Madison Slayton
- Home course favorite and former University of Nebraska golf team member, Audrey Judd
- 2020 Kansas Mid-Amateur Champion, Carmen Titus
- 2019 Kansas Mid-Amateur Champion, Katy Winters
- Texas Golf Association Executive Director, Stacy Dennis
- Kansas City local and 2019 Kansas Junior Girl’s Player of the Year, Julia Misemer
- Nebraska’s Danica Badura. Badura is the 2019 Nebraska Junior Girl’s Golfer of the Year, 2020 Nebraska Girls Junior PGA Champion, 2020 Nebraska Junior Girls Amateur Champion, and 2020 Nebraska Girls Match Play Champion
- 2020 Kansas City Junior Girls Match Play Champion, Beth Grant
- 2017 Prairie Invitational Champion and 2018 Runner Up, Kristen Samp
- Three-time Kansas High School State Champion, former K-State Golfer, and LPGA Teaching Professional, Gianna Augustine
- PGA Head Golf Professional at St. Andrews Golf Club and former University of Kansas golfer, Jennifer Clark Walker
- PGA Teaching Profession in the Overland Park Golf Division, Maureen Olson
About The Prairie Invitational
The Prairie Invitational is a premiere women’s event in Kansas City for amateur and professional players. It’s purpose is to enhance women’s golf and junior women’s golf not only in the Kansas City area, but on a regional level. Formerly known as the Women’s Amateur of Kansas City, the Prairie Invitational was founded to determine the best female golfer in the Midwest. The 2017 event was the first time the event was conducted over 54 holes in the Open Division, and was also the first year the event was included in the World Amateur Golf Rankings.
The Prairie Invitational consists of two divisions. The Open Division is includes golfers with a handicap index of 5.0 or below. The Open Division competes as a 54-hole event with a cut to the low 18 and ties after 36 holes. The Player’s Division includes golfers with a handicap index of 5.1-18.0. Golfers in this division compete in a 36-hole event.
Dr. J. Douglas Cusick is serving as the title sponsor again in 2020. The Cusick family’s dedication to promoting women’s golf in the area has been a tremendous boost to the event and to the Girls Performance Initiative. The Kansas City Area Toyota Dealers join us as the presenting sponsor along with the Midwest Section PGA Foundation.
All golfers will be required to comply with state and local government COVID-19 safety policies and additional safety procedures put in place by Central Links Golf.
Full Media Package available upon request. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.